Monday, December 8, 2008

Let The Games Begin


I retrieved the wood I will be using for my workbench from the stack where it had been air drying.  I have gotten it all stashed away on my wood rack and have begin cleaning up the shop in preparation for a the new project.

I have about 2 weeks off from my day job starting in couple weeks.  I hope to work on the bench during my time off.  Until then I will be working out some of issues with my equipment.  First thing I have to do is get my Delta 6" joiner stabilized so it doesn't flip over when I try and run these large white oak beams across it.  The next thing I have to deal with is the snipe issue I have been having with my planer.  I have a Woodmaster 24" planer.  I love the flexibility of the machine but It has always had a sniping issue.  I think this is due to the fact that the front infeed rollers and outfeed rollers have quit a bit of space between them.  I have tried to adjust the tables to correct this many times.  I'm a little baffled, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.  If not then I guess I will become very aquatinted with my hand planes.

David

No comments: